LAST UPDATED: January 8th, 2024
Greetings, and thank you for visiting our website or utilizing our services! When you explore our websites or engage with our services, you entrust us with personal information that can identify you (referred to herein as “your information”).
This Policy delineates, among other aspects, the information we collect from you, how we use and disclose your information, and your rights concerning your information. It applies to all our websites and services linked hereto.
We periodically update this Policy and will signify the date of the latest revisions above. In instances where we deem changes to be significant, we will offer a detailed notification and potentially inform you of these changes via email.
References to “Vertex Property Group,” “we,” “us,” or “our” in this Policy pertain to Vertex Property Group, Inc. or the Vertex Property Group, Inc. wholly owned subsidiary accountable for your information under this Policy.
We trust this Policy addresses your queries regarding the handling and protection of your information. However, should you require further clarification about this Policy, we encourage you to contact us anytime via email at [email protected] or using the contact details provided herein.
Vertex Property Group strives to lead property management innovation through technology and operational excellence. Our approach combines outstanding service, extensive market knowledge, and integrated technology with enduring real estate principles to offer unparalleled services. Consequently, we collect various types of information in connection with your use of our websites and services, including but not limited to:
Information You Provide Us
- Information for utilizing our services – Upon creating an account or profile or using specific services, you may furnish personal identifiers like your first and last name, email address, date of birth, phone number, picture, login password, job title, function, address, or similar personal information.
- Information for identity validation – To maintain service security, conduct background checks, fulfill “know your customer” processes for certain payment services, and facilitate payments, you may need to provide identity verification information such as social security number, tax identification number, images of identification documents, birthdate, among other authentication details.
- Information for payment services – Certain payment services or transactions may necessitate submission of financial details like bank account number, online bank account login, credit card information, and additional transaction-related information like card type, transaction type, and payee details.
- Information disclosed in our communities – Participation in our communities (e.g., help centers, blogs, forums) might involve disclosure of personal information revealing your identity, location, job function, and more.
- Information provided during interactions – Filling forms, responding to surveys, engaging in promotions or research opportunities, communicating with customer service, or using other service features may lead to the provision of personal information.
- Your business data – While not always constituting personal information, your use of our services may involve hosting business-related data, such as bank account balance and transaction history (“Business Data”). Recognizing the sensitivity and confidentiality of Business Data, we refrain from accessing, using, or disclosing it except as detailed in the “How We Use Your Information” and “Who We Share Your Information With” sections of this Policy.
Information Collected During Website and Service Use
- Device information – Accessing our websites or services leads to the collection of device details that can identify you or your device. This includes IP address, hardware/software information, browser type, device events, crash data, cookie data, and pages visited or interacted with before or after accessing our websites or services.
- Activity information – We gather specifics on your website or service usage, such as accessed content, viewing duration, and clicked links.
- Geo-location information – Certain services may collect your precise or approximate location using methods like IP address, GPS, or nearby devices (Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, etc.).
Information Obtained From Third Parties
- Background information – We may receive demographic, criminal, and credit history details from trusted background screening and fraud prevention partners, adhering to applicable laws and, when necessary, your consent.
- Public information – Information accessible from public sources like online posts, news, and governmental entities may be collected.
- Marketing information – Data from trusted marketing partners might be obtained to inform about potential customers and partners.
Third-party information is often merged with our collected data for purposes outlined in the “How We Use Your Information” section of this Policy.
Anonymous Usage Information
We gather specific data provided by various user groups (you, your customers, your vendors) interacting with our services anonymously and in aggregated form. Industry best practices and cutting-edge techniques are applied to anonymize and aggregate data.
Information of Minors
Individuals under 18 are prohibited from using our services, and we do not intentionally collect information on those under 18, regardless of residency. Unintended exposure to such information may occur if, for instance, our customers upload it or it is inadvertently captured by our marketing team.
How We Use Your Information
We refrain from using or referencing your information except to provide, enhance, develop, and market our services. Specific examples of how we utilize your information include:
Utilizing your information is crucial to the functioning of our services. It is employed for tasks like validating login credentials, processing payments, conducting database checks, and providing customer support. Additionally, we utilize your information to prevent fraud, enforce terms of service, and maintain security.
Your information contributes to enhancing our services. We employ data analytics to assess user interaction and identify areas for better functionality. Research and assessments are conducted, directly or indirectly involving your information, to enhance our services or evaluate third-party capabilities.
New Services Development
Information aids in identifying and building new products and services for your benefit.
We may use your information to inform you, your users, and clients about available services or share marketing and advertising content that might interest you.
Sharing Your Information
We limit information sharing except when necessary to provide our services or perform tasks on our behalf. Under no circumstances do we sell your information. Instances of sharing your information include:
Third-party service providers help us deliver our services or perform tasks on our behalf. For instance, service providers may assist in identity verification, background checks, product development, customer service, payments, or insurance services. Agreements with these entities restrict the use of your information to delivering services professionally and complying with obligations.
Legal and Regulatory Disclosures
We may disclose your information to comply with legal requests, respond to claims, protect interests, enforce terms of service, or respond to valid legal requests relating to investigations or activities potentially exposing legal liability. Such disclosures are made to adhere to legal obligations, safeguard interests, maintain service security, prevent harm or crime, enforce legal rights, or aid tax collection.
Sharing with Your Consent
Your information may be shared when you authorize access to your account by a third-party service or website.
Sharing Between Users
To facilitate service usage among your users, certain information may be shared with authorized users. This includes account login details and specific personal information for permissions and user verification
Some of our services allow you to share information that becomes visible or accessible to the general public. For instance, utilizing our website services enables you to include specific details on publicly available websites. Similarly, using our premium leads product involves posting your listings, inclusive of your information, on various free and paid listings sites.
To support our service provision, we may share your information within our group of associated companies, which encompasses Vertex Property Group and its wholly owned subsidiaries.
Should we undergo a merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, bankruptcy, or insolvency event, some or all of our assets, including your information, may be sold, transferred, or shared in connection with such a transaction or in anticipation thereof.
Certain aspects of your information are aggregated and anonymized to generate industry and scholarly reports, trends, and studies. We employ industry best practices and state-of-the-art techniques to anonymize and aggregate data. These reports, trends, and studies may be made available or provided to the public.
We consistently implement and update administrative, technical, and physical security measures to safeguard your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Sensitive data is encrypted, and our websites utilize robust transport layer security. The secure server environment hosting our websites employs multi-layer perimeter security, including firewalls and advanced technology to prevent unauthorized access.
Special Offers, Updates and Research
Occasionally, we may send information about our services, including educational offers and newsletters. Additionally, we may reach out to you, your customers, or related third parties to understand how our services are utilized and how we can enhance them. To respect your privacy, you can opt-out of receiving newsletters and promotional communications or from being contacted for our internal research by following the provided instructions or contacting us at [email protected] or via mail at:
Vertex Property Group
2443 Fillmore Street #271
San Francisco, CA 94115
CA BRE# 01930908
Note that there are certain email communications that you cannot opt-out of as a user of our services, as these notices are required for the continued optimal functionality of our services.
Our websites and services could feature links to third-party websites, each maintaining its own policies regarding information collection and usage. We disclaim responsibility or liability for the actions of these third parties concerning the gathering or utilization of your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every website you visit, including those accessible via links on our platforms. It’s important to remain aware when exiting our websites or services and to review the privacy statements of each site collecting your information.
Jurisdictional Specific Privacy Regulations California Consumer Privacy Act
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents hold the right to request (a) information regarding the collection, utilization, and disclosure of their data, and (b) deletion of the collected data (subject to specific statutory exemptions).
California residents wishing to submit a request can contact us via email at [email protected] or through postal mail at:
Vertex Property Group
2443 Fillmore Street #271
San Francisco, CA 94115,
CA BRE# 01930908
Please note that verification of your identity is necessary for certain requests. For verification purposes, you may be required to provide specific personal information (matched against our records) and/or present a government-issued identification.
California residents can authorize an agent to act on their behalf under this Section by providing a valid power of attorney and government-issued identification for both the requester and agent.
California residents will not face any charges or discrimination for exercising their rights under this Section.
As previously mentioned, we neither engage in nor will we partake in the sale of your information. Consequently, we do not offer a process to opt-out of such sales.
Cookies refer to text files downloaded to your device when visiting a website. They serve various functions, including facilitating efficient webpage navigation, storing user preferences, collecting information on website interaction, and tracking browsing history to enable us and our third-party partners to deliver more relevant and targeted advertisements.
We may exchange cookies or online identifiers on our websites with specific third-party partners and ad tech providers. This practice enables our third-party partners to utilize cookies and assign online identifiers, enhancing the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Other Information: Hosting for Our Users
We provide hosting services for our customers, enabling them to store various data types, which may include personal information collected by them. We typically do not oversee or actively monitor how customers store or utilize the data they upload to our services. For any inquiries or requests related to data collected by our customers, please contact the relevant party involved.
Restrictions on Google User Data Usage
Certain services provided by us allow access to Google data. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Policy, if you grant our services access to specific types of your Google data, its usage will be bound by the following restrictions:
- Our services will solely utilize such access to read, write, modify, or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings. This facilitates a web email client for users to compose, send, read, and manage emails, without transferring this Gmail data to others, except where necessary to enhance these features, comply with the law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or asset sale.
- Gmail data will not be used for serving advertisements.
- Human access to your Google data by our services will only occur with your explicit agreement for specific messages, for security purposes such as abuse investigation or legal compliance, or for our service’s internal operations, and even then, only when the data has been aggregated and anonymized.
Contacting the Vertex Property Group Data Privacy Team
Should you have any queries or suggestions regarding this Policy or your personal information, or wish to correct or update your personal information, please get in touch with the Vertex Property Group’s Data Privacy Team at [email protected] or via mail at:
Vertex Property Group
2443 Fillmore Street #271
San Francisco, CA 94115
Attn: Data Privacy